We used to wonder what it would be like if we had been born in another place. Maybe another country. How would our life be different if we had had the opportunity to meet other people. I've come to think that maybe it would not be as different as we think. Through blogging I've come to know women who really are so much like me - women who I'd be drawn to had we lived in the same neighborhood. No matter where I am, be it face to face or just in cyberspace, there is an instant bond with women of like purpose, passion and faith. I find this interesting . . . how we find each other.
One friend whom I have never met, but correspond with quite regularly, lives in Virginia. She is quite a bit younger than I am and I find it interesting to see life from the perspective of a younger mom. In some ways it allows me to see where I have been and how the season of life has changed for me, but it also allows me to see a beauty in the changes that have transpired, changes I fought against so hard . . . needlessly.
Soon after Kathy (aka Menno Jeweler) began commenting on my blog, I found out that she doesn't have a blog, but she does have a website where she displays her hand-crafted jewelry. She just recently had an open house in her home and since I could not attend, I decided to put in an order after she was done with the open house. I teased her that I would get something from the leftovers. As it turned out, she sold almost everything! But if what I got is left-over . . . boy, I have to tell you she does beautiful work!
Kathy, I am so blessed by your friendship! I was delighted to open my little parcel today. And although we have not met, I know for certain that someday we will. I wish you and your family a blessed Christmas!
One friend whom I have never met, but correspond with quite regularly, lives in Virginia. She is quite a bit younger than I am and I find it interesting to see life from the perspective of a younger mom. In some ways it allows me to see where I have been and how the season of life has changed for me, but it also allows me to see a beauty in the changes that have transpired, changes I fought against so hard . . . needlessly.
Soon after Kathy (aka Menno Jeweler) began commenting on my blog, I found out that she doesn't have a blog, but she does have a website where she displays her hand-crafted jewelry. She just recently had an open house in her home and since I could not attend, I decided to put in an order after she was done with the open house. I teased her that I would get something from the leftovers. As it turned out, she sold almost everything! But if what I got is left-over . . . boy, I have to tell you she does beautiful work!
Kathy, I am so blessed by your friendship! I was delighted to open my little parcel today. And although we have not met, I know for certain that someday we will. I wish you and your family a blessed Christmas!
10 comments:
And your friendship truly blesses me! What a sweet post, you got me a little choked up too. :-) Thank you for this honor. I look forward to meeting you someday too! Until then...
What a beautiful necklace!! My Christmas shopping is finished for this year but there is always next year!
Awww, what a nice post!:) I can vouch for Kathy being a great friend and neighbor, I would be lost without her! You will truly love her jewelry, it fills my jewelry box! Here in VA I don't have any relatives, so Kathy is my fill-in sister. My sisters are very grateful to her for filling in for them since they live in OH.I truly hope you two get to meet in person someday, that would great for the both of you!!:)
HI Anneliese!
Wow... what a gorgeous necklace!
I stopped over to see her jewelry and ... I'm hooked on the Southwestern Dreaming Bracelet... and a few earrings too-Coral Island Earrings
I'm going to have to do some 'stocking-stuffer' shopping ... and a little for me too :o)
THANK YOU Anneliese...
and I agree...
What wonderful people we meet here in blogland~
~ Salt of the Earth ~
What beautiful jewelry! My Christmas wish is the "message in a bottle" bracelet :-)
How incredibly special. .and here I thought you two knew each other. . .very special indeed. I am amazed at how we each find a few special people who we easily bond with.
The necklace is so beautiful.
WOW, that is a gorgeous necklace! Can I view her jewelry online?? This is a great post - I love how we can connect with people through blogging and live in different countries!
Love, Bonnie
Hi Bonnie and anyone else who would like to visit the website, just click on the word 'website' in the paragraph where I mentioned it. (It's not very obvious because this template only uses greys and black colors for print.)
You can also click on Menno Jeweler to find her website.
Anneliese, that is the true beauty of friendship...whether it's a necklace or whether it's a pair of home-made knit bunnies.
What a wonderful way to bless one another.
What pretty beads. They look like they are glazed clay. I love the glaze. And a friendship to boot!
Post a Comment