On Saturday we spent some time at the Grand Indonesian Mall. It was not like anything I've seen in Indonesia and much grander than a lot of malls I've seen in North America. Kind of hard to reconcile in a country where you see so much poverty. This mall had all the name brand stores you would find in North America, a large kids play area with rides, a floor serving food with themes from countries around the world, a water fountain show etc.
"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Jakarta
On Saturday we spent some time at the Grand Indonesian Mall. It was not like anything I've seen in Indonesia and much grander than a lot of malls I've seen in North America. Kind of hard to reconcile in a country where you see so much poverty. This mall had all the name brand stores you would find in North America, a large kids play area with rides, a floor serving food with themes from countries around the world, a water fountain show etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Woke up this morning thinking of you and so checked this blog. My tummy has butterflies just looking at the pictures knowing the feelings of reunion with family. Live in the moments. There will be lots more to come. Fill up the "grandkids hug tank"! Praying for you all. Gloria and Rob What a clever girl with her own little computer :)
I love Gloria's comment and I had to think that those of you who have been missionary kids. .or have missionary kids have a bond only you understand. Isn't God good to give you a kindred spirit in this.
I love the post Anneliese. The pictures say it all .. I enlarged them to have a good look at all the smiling faces. I pray that your time is increased in every special moment and I pray that your bond is strengthed and I pray that God is glorified in your time together. ..and. . Have tons of Fun!
So fun to see y'all having fun together! How very, very special!
Times have changed. Forty years ago..we did not find swimming pools and beautiful places in the jungles.
Enjoy those sweet little ones.
I love the smiles on your faces:)
Have fun!
Looks like you are having a great time with your family, love the first picture of the little ones faces, specially the one looking at Mr. H. Praying that you will have a very special visit and may the memories last until you see them again.
alvina
Your smiles say it all. I am so happy for you all! Kathy
How sweet it is! I know you will make the most of your time and make memories in the process...
Look at Teyha and Paeton's faces in that first pic. Those smiles!! Looks like they are just as happy to see you as you are them! :) Enjoy this special time together!
A big hello to everyone! How exciting! - Jen Wiebe
Post a Comment