Julene sent us a photo of the scene right after a recent phone call with the kids. We'd been holding out on a secret for just the right moment. And the moment came. Tehya told her mom that she was thinking about Canada and so we got a call. We shared our plans with her and we could hear in her voice, and Paeton's next, that it was good news. Very good news! Even Makenna felt something in the air.
Part of the conversation Julene overheard at this time was Paeton, who is five, asking Tehya, "How do you spell I can't wait"?
It struck me that they all had this immediate urge to write down their feelings. Something I can relate to . . . the desire to express a feeling that you want to get the most out of by recording it.Our hearts were warmed to see the scene. Actually I had imagined it already, because I do know these kids, even though they are so far away. I am so thankful to know them better than I ever would have imagined six years ago . . . when they were preparing to go . . . and I don't want to take for granted that we get to go and see them again . . . if only for a very short visit.
14 comments:
Anneliese, May God bless your time with your family. I know how your heart yearns to see them just as theirs yearns to see you. What a blessing to have a family that loves as yours does.
I'll be thinking of you and missing you around here.
So happy for you, Anneliese, that you will get to embrace these little ones again, if only for a little while! Safe travels.
May you have a most wonderful time with your faraway grands...who are never far from your heart!
Wouldn't it be nice to frame these little letters and hang them on the wall. They grow so fast......
Jerri
My kiddos LOVE when my parents come to visit, such a treat!! Have a wonderful time getting and giving lots of love:)
"We have this moment to hold in our hands,
And to touch as it slips through our fingers like sand;
Yesterday's gone, and tomorrow may never come,
But we have this moment today." (Gaither)
Enjoy every precious day!
Have a wonderful time!!!
Thrilled for you - wishing you a wonderful time with your precious far-away family!
Vange
WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
What a treasure! Blessings to you as you spend time with your family. You will be in our prayers....so happy for you! You'll be missed! I'll be checking in to peek into your little season overseas. Kathy (MGCC)
I thought there was something buzzing in the air...and why would you not take the wonderful opportunity of visiting your grands...
I think that is so wonderful.
Those notes are keepers.
I love the words that Elsie shared.
What a huge and happy surprise! God bless you all on your memory making trip.
Thinking of you and imagining just how much you are having there!!! Enjoy and cherish every moment! So excited that you got to go again so soon.
Hope your time together is so special. Wish I could be a fly on the wall when you all see each other...or even better yet, wish I could REALLY be there! Love to you all.
Post a Comment