"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentines!

I believe that the couple that prays together, stays together, but recently I heard that the couple that sweats together stays together. I guess there may be some truth to that one too. It started me thinking of what kind of things we do to sweat together. . . things such as going for a brisk walk or serving together in a kitchen. Oh, but somehow my favorite one is going to Palm Springs together and laying in the sun. Does that one count? I’m sure it’s good for us.

Another take on this may be to ask what kind of little extra things do we do for each other? I like to iron his shirt before he asks me to. He likes to get my toothbrush ready.

Yes, every morning, because he brushes his teeth first, mine is sitting there waiting for me.

11 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

How absolutely sweet is that? Very Sweet!

Lindsay said...

oh that is so wonderful! :) I hope I can have a marriage like that one day!
PS your hubby did an AWESOME job with the carpet for the opening ceremonies! looked like real snow!! :)

Judy said...

I like your version of sweating together...in the sun! And I agree...the little things make a BIG difference.

Maria said...

It reminds me of Carly Simon's song: "The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of"
It's the stuff that dreams are made of
It's the slow and steady fire
It's the stuff that dreams are made of

It's the coffee he brings me every morning ♥
And the prayer he says at night~

Happy Valentine's Day ~ Maria

Rachel said...

Oh, I like that!

Elsie said...

I think the key word is "together". Whatever a couple does together encourages love and closeness, whether it be praying together or sweating together, or camping or singing or eating or watching TV or anything together. And doing those little things for each other just makes it that much sweeter! Happy Valentines Day : )

charlotte mgcc said...

that is so cute.......my friend and her husband do that for each other all the time.
now that is one thing i have never done....getting the toothbrush ready.
i thought my friends were original in that act of kindness, i guess
not...:^D

Waltrude G. - Grandmothergoose said...

When thinking of romance, a toothbrush and toothpaste are certainly not the first things that come to mind, but my goodness, this is romantic and sweeter than any chocolates!
Keep it up! :-)

Julene said...

SO sweet! But I am glad that Chris doesn't do this for me because I'm sure that ants would find the toothpaste on my toothbrush before I do! Happy Valentine's Day Dad & Mom!

Marg said...

Valentines is a wonderful time to share one's love, better yet, it's more wonderful when we can share details daily.

Angela said...

wow!!