"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Friday, February 19, 2010

Oh Let the Sun Shine In!

Now I know why the next line says, "face it with a grin." No, this is not just another blurry picture by Anneliese, but rather a rude reality check! These beautiful sunny days have me going about with a wet dusting rag, cleaning what I thought was a clean house. I wonder, where does this stuff come from?

I hate how the sunlight exposes a fine carpet on my French door glass, the blinds, the computer or TV screen, around the telephone . . . around any electronic devices, mind you. I hate how I get fooled into thinking all is well and then I see one spot and feel an obsessive compulsion kicking in, from feeling irksome to going crazy and then wonderful when I can see clearly through my window again.

I was thinking . . . this is not unlike God's light shining into my life and exposing things I did not know were there. Things that seem so small . . . but so annoying. I don't want this light shed on me, but, Lord, if You point out what is there, please wash me too. Just as I don't want to ignore the dust in my house, let me be ever more sensitive to the dust I allow to settle in my life.

10 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh Anneliese. . .I pray this prayer too. . it is so easy to let the little things go.
PS. .just before I turned back to my computer. .I looked at my kitchen window with all the spots and gave it a quick clean first. The sun is shining!

Larissa Joy said...

I just got a roommate in January, and we were quick to point out that she hates doing dishes, and I hate dusting, so we are each doing the other. Some might say she got off easy, but I think it is a very fair trade! :D

Maria said...

Hi Anneliese~
I'm home this week... cleaning lots of cobwebs ;o) and construction dust!
Your post reminds me of something Patsy Clairmont said years ago... about accidently shopping with her pantyhose dragging outside her pant-leg. She said "What other unsightliness have I been dragging around?"
I never forgot that... she starts with humor...then goes right for the truth in it all!

Yes... the light does expose a lot!

You're such a blessing out here!
~Maria

Marg said...

You are so right...I should be staying at home doing what you are doing...It stares at me.
So I will enjoy the sun outside instead for this week.

Owen and Bonnie said...

I love this comparison - so true and something I too, pray that God would do in my own life.

I had to laugh when I first read this because I am doing the very same thing today! I thought my house was clean and then the sun shone and I saw dust everywhere...now I'm on a cleaning frenzy :)

Have a wonderful weekend.

Love, Bonnie

Anneliese said...

Larissa, I agree with you ... at least dishes are a trade of sorts -you eat a good meal and do dishes, but you get nothing out of dusting.

Elsie said...

I'm so thankful that we are "washed by the blood of the Lamb", because there always seems to be some inner dust or streaks needing to be cleaned!

Anonymous said...

Anneliese do you have a forced air heating system? Sometimes this kiind of dust can be cut to minimum by having your furnace and ducts cleaned by professional duct cleaners.

anon1

Julie said...

How true! there is that tension, isn't there. I love the sun shining into my house, but then I feel the dismay of realizing my house isn't nearly as clean as I thought it was. Just like I love the Son shining in and through me, but then, I must deal with the flaws\sins that cannot be hidden in the Light. Cleanse me, O Lord!

Karin said...

Loved this post!