Saturdays on the baseball field –
And me afraid of the ball,
Just another kid on Camera Day
When the Angels still played in L.A.
I was smiling in living black and white.
Baseball cards and bubblegum –
“I think there’s a hole in my glove.”
Three-and two, life and death,
Swinging with eyes closed, holding my breath,
I was dying on my way to the bench.
But none of it mattered after the game
When my father would find me and call out my name.
A soft drink, a snow cone, a candy bar,
A limousine ride in the family car.
He loved me . . . no matter how I played.
None of it mattered after the game.
My father would find me and call out my name.
Dreaming of glory the next time out,
My father showed me what love was about.
He loved me . . . no matter how I played.
None of it mattered after the game . . .
When my Father would find me and call out my name.
By recording artist Bob Bennet
1 comment:
That's a great poem! My Father loves me no matter how badly I play!
Post a Comment