It’s been a while since we were told
That in the New Year
There’d be a new child to hold.
My heart leapt for joy -
I cried at this wonderful news.
Now the waiting has changed meaning,
From a wait that looks into infinity
To a wait that expects any time.
And the any time anticipation
Makes every moment a possibility.
He has assembled the furniture.
The car seat is buckled in tight.
Maybe he even read instructions,
Because this time it has to be right.
I see a twinkle in his eyes.
She’s wondering how life will change.
I watch as she sits up straighter,
Shifting in her seat to get comfortable.
Inspite of her breathing getting harder,
Her hands caress her rounded tummy.
I recall. I can almost feel those silent sighs -
Leaving a life of just the two of us
And waiting for this mystery, this miracle
That wove our lives together.
A part of him and a part of me, forever.
Two lives joined to create another,
Hidden from sight by all – yet
Fearfully and wonderfully made.
Each step ordained by a Master Weaver,
Each day before it comes to be.
So we wait in wonder in this process.
We remember and cannot help but give praise
As we watch our children become parents.
How precious are His thoughts and ways
How vast the sum of them!
(thoughts interwoven with verses from Psalm 139: 13-17)
20 comments:
Oh Mom this is beautiful!
And I SURE can't wait to hear the news about my new little niece or nephew!!!
Oh so precious Anneliese. You write from your heart and share because you love.
I'm so excited for you to have a wee one to visit willy nilly. . .
Enjoy this very special time of anticipation.
Oh my goodness! Thank you, Mom, for such a beautiful poem!! And also for posting a picture where my face doesn't look too fat :) You are just THE BEST mom-by-love any girl could ask for!!
What beautiful thoughts. Blessings on the arrival of the new little one...
Anneliese, you have a gift in expressing your heart and feelings so beautifully. Such a tender post. I will be excited with you when you share the news. Kathy (MGCC)
I really like this :)
Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
Beautifully written! What an exciting time for you, with the bonus of finally having a grandchild nearby! Looking forward to hearing the news.
What a beautiful poem! Your words so vividly express the joy of anticipating the arrival of this little one. Kari looks beautiful!! I look forward to hearing the news...
Love, Bonnie
What a sweet, sweet poem filled with love! Blessings to the new parents-to-be, such an exciting time!
Beautifully written, Anneliese - I'm so excited for you even as I weep for the grandchild we've lost.
God in His infinite wisdom has given each of us a different path to walk however He walks with us all in our times of joy and sorrow.
May He grant peace and protection to your DIL and the new baby and joy to the new Dad and to you as grandparents.
What a beautiful poem...as you wait. I'm excited for you to have a grandchild nearby...to hug and to hold...often! Blessings to you all.
I happened on your blog through MGCC and then realized we had met in the fall at the one day marriage conference. Just wanted to say that I LOVE your blog! Thanks for sharing!
I love that! So beautiful :) When is Kari due? And are you sure that you don't have any other sons? I really want to be in your family!! :)
Kari, you are the most gorgeous pregnant lady, and you & Ben will be amazing parents! We love you and can't wait to hear the news!!!!!
Mom, the poem is so beautiful!!!
I too can hardly wait for the call with the news of the new arrival! Kari, you are a beautiful pregnant lady and will make a most amazing mother.....won't be long now!
Your words blended with those of Psalms has left me with a full heart~
Your daughter is beautiful as she waits... she is also filled with life and love~
God bless her, child and father~
Maria
ps. I purchased from Kathy Alderfer's etsy (jewelry) after your post about it! (Christmas gifts and one for me)
Thank you...
A most beautiful sentiment of love ... my daughter is indeed fortunate to have caring expressed towards her in this way. It is an exciting time, and yet a reflective time, and you said it beautifully. Thank you.
Lovely..you put into words the heart of a gramma.
How very beautiful. You are such a dear and loving mother/mother-in-law and soon to be grandmother again. You are such a gentle poet...don't know if that sounds right but I mean, it is like smooth silk flowing...beautiful!
Post a Comment