"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Friday, January 8, 2010

Morning Thoughts

I woke up from the alarm and thought it had to be a mistake! Seven thirty came too quickly, once again. As I stumbled to the bathroom, my next thought was that no one should have to get up while it is still dark. I can’t believe people jog, eat breakfast and go to work in the dark. At least by the time I get out for my walk, it is light.

But I guess no one is asking me . . . and the world does need to keep turning, so I am grateful for my hubby who always gets up without complaining. He’s a born provider, looking out for the needs of those he loves. He doesn't only work hard, but he gives unselfishly. He’s careful, knowing money does not grow on trees, but when we decide to help someone out and each of us comes up with a sum – his amount is always bigger than mine.

This reminds me of a verse that we learned with our Sunday School class of young boys a long time ago. (Words spoken by Jesus)
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Luke 6:38

7 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Anneliese, I appreciate you sharing your morning thoughts. Good men need this kind of appreciation by the women they love.
We think up a some separately too and then tell .. it works wonderfully.

Beck's Bulletin said...

LOL...had to chuckle re: your first thoughts in the morning! The good thing is the days are already getting longer!! Yipppeeee!!

Karin said...

YES!!! As Doris says, the days are getting noticeably longer! Thanks for your thoughts! And your breaky looks delish!

Rachel said...

I made pancakes JUST like that for my brood all the time!

Julene said...

Delicious breakfast! If I could I would sleep in and have that breakfast all the time! Today "sleeping in" for me meant 6:00 :-)

Judy said...

Your picture has me wishing for pancakes. I think I will make them for breakfast one of these fine days...a winter's day comfort breaky!

About the generosity of your H...my dh is also much more generous than I am. His amount is always greater than mine...even when I think mine is big.

Marg said...

It's fun to hear what's happening in your mind...I feel so blessed to know that we have men who are sold on helping others..always thinking about others first.
Your word verification is "PLUMMA"
Maybe "Plumma Mose"?