
The little Miss and her Daddy came by and stayed for lunch so Mommy could get a rest. I was thrilled! Daddy's big hands figured out the ins and outs of the
carseat with belts that look too big for her, while she sat back with not a care in the world. She continued her good behaviour while I quickly put some sandwiches in the oven to grill and totally enjoyed her first visit at
Grammy's. We had a little cuddle and then she nicely went back into her
carseat.
Is this what it's like? No driving to the airport . No need to get a bedroom ready. Just a quick hello and an easy goodbye . . . because I will see her again tomorrow. I think I can get used to this.
Speaking of tomorrow . . . Happy Birthday, Kari! I wish you good nights and many sweet smiles and moments as a new Mom. May God bless you with the desires of your heart.
15 comments:
Wow. . what a special day .. it even got a second post. I can imagine how special lunch must have been for you. Ben looks like he is taking it all in stride. Little Lacey looks a lot like his daddy. . don't you think?
She's darling.. . sweet dreams tonight little girl.
What a sweet little granddaughter! It won't be long until she grows into and out of that carseat!! Enjoy her!
Aww, I'm so happy for you! She's such a beautiful little girl.
what a little darlin'.....i am sure you will get a lot of those little drop ins...i am so happy for you to be able to enjoy this with you son and his little family.
There is absolutely nothing in the world like a baby.....you have a beautiful little angel to enjoy.....oh what a joy....
Jerri
Ooooo, she is beautiful!!! You are very lucky she lives close!:)
Ah yes! That is what it is like when they live in the same town. She is a dolly! Happy Birthday to Kari. I'm sure she is holding her best ever birthday gift! Kathy (MGCC)
What a joy! I'm so happy for you!
She looks just like her daddy! She's beautiful! Herman and I will be grandparents in a few days. We are so excited.
Happy Birthday to Kari today . ..what a different birthday this is for her I'm sure. She's got such a beautiful little girl to love and to hold.
I showed T the pictures and he totally concurred . ..Lacey looks like her Daddy.
How is it that I always end up with the cutest nieces ever? That's three now. =)
So sweet! I'm glad you have one close by now, too. :0)
What a thrill. Yes, this is what it's like having local grandchildren. She is darling.
I love it!!!!!!!!! I could soak up this beautiful moment all day: seeing Ben's strong hands putting little Lacey into her carseat, imagining the joy Kari has in just an hour of sleep and knowing that you, Mom, have a grandbaby nearby that you don't have to say good-bye to!!
Sharing in your joy! How fun to have your new grandgirlie in for lunch...any day of the week. You are in for such fun!
Post a Comment